“Often when you think you’re at the end of something, you’re at the beginning of something else.” In a circular economy, waste is not the end but the beginning.
Virginia Macari® is a swimwear brand with its roots in Marbella in the south of Spain, a beautiful biodiverse and multicultural area. Evolving in this beautiful surrounding made us self - conscious about the importance of taking care of our planet. As small luxury brand and new generation creatives we have the responsibility to protect our Mother Earth by including green practices in our businesses.
Using ECONYL® Fiber help us to achieve our goal and open endless opportunities to create luxury and conscious swimwear, that aims to make sustainability desirable, meaningful, durable and luxurious.
- ECONYL® regenerated nylon is made from waste that would otherwise pollute the Earth, such as fishing nets and other nylon waste.
- Ghost fishnets represent the 75% of the great pacific garbage patch, which makes it the most polluting and hazardous agent for ocean wildlife.
- With ECONYL® regenerated nylon is exactly the same as brand new nylon and can be recycled, recreated and remould again and again without consuming additional resources.
For every 10,000 tons of Econyl® raw material used;
- 65,100 tonnes of CO2 eq. emissions are avoided.
- 70,000 barrels of crude oil are saved.
As well as being a waste-solution, ECONYL® regenerated nylon also helps climate change, reducing the global warming impact of nylon by up to 90% compared with oil based materials.
- 2X times more resistant to chlorine than competitor’s fabric.
- 2 times more resistant to suntan oils than competitor’s fabric
- Soft, soft, soft and Ultra UV protected